Friday 31 May 2013

Friday 31st May Denon TU-260LII tuner and sporadic-e report


I bought a tuner the other day. It's a Denon TU-260LII, which got good reviews a few years back. eg
 here
 I paid about 10% of the price quoted in the review :)
 I didn't buy it to listen to nor for filter modification for FMDX. I bought it for panadaptor experiments with my CCW SDR-4+.
To make sure it was fully working before opening it and invalidating my 60 day warranty, I tested it out and made this video.

The was some patchy Es last night and good Es early  this morning. Unfortunately it faded before I was fully awake!

30th
87.6 ALG Aflou  Radio Laghouat 70kW
87.7 ALG Aïn N'sour  Radio Chlef s 70kW
87.8 ALG Mecheria  Chaine 1 s 70kW5 2258km

31st
88.3 E Tajo de las Escobas/Sierra de la Luna Canal Fiesta Radio 16kW tent.
89.2 E Sevilla Europa FM Sevilla s 1.2kW PI:E2ED
90.3 E Jerez de la Frontera Onda Cero Jerez s 6.kW
89.5 E Caceres/Sierra de Portanchito Onda Cero s 6kW PS:ONDACERO PI:E2EE
87.7 E Jerez de la Frontera/San Cristóbal Hit FM 6kW

+some others- waiting for help to ID. All the Spanish stations were received around the same time.
The two with RDS were from Caceres and Sevilla, so probably the others were from that general area too. the video is here (aqui)

FMDX vlog 30th and 31st May 2013
Noxon DAB stick RTL2832U/SDR# broken UHF aerial on a chimney
Pioneer DEH-4700MP Car Stereo/RDS Spy with indoor quad loop

My first RDS of the season with RDS Spy.

No comments:

Post a Comment