Tuesday 2 July 2013

Azores High!

87.7 AZR Pico da Barrosa (RDP) RDP Antena 3 Açores 30kW 2471km (1535 miles)
1st July 2013 09:51 UTC

video here

My furthest FMDX via Es-and I didn't realize what I had received at the time! I thought for some reason it was from the East, and I was waiting at the bottom of the band for conditions to build. I also had a weak stations on 89.5 which was probably Antena 1 from the Azores. I didn't check higher up the band, nor did I make any WAV I/Q recordings (Reception was stronger on the car stereo using the indoor quad loop, than on the Noxon dongle which uses the broken UHF aerial on the roof). Fortunately when I played back my video after reading that there were conditions to the Azores at that time, I heard a jingle ID. Thanks to Jorge in Portugal who even recognised the first song, and to Andy (radioredcat) who received the station at the same time with RDS and recorded audio that matched mine.

Blackpool UK

No comments:

Post a Comment