Friday 7 June 2013

Further SDR panadaptor experiments

No sporadic-E noted yesterday at this location. I have been trying some more experiments feeding the 10.7MHz IF from a Denon TU-260LIII tuner in to a CCW SDR-4+.


SDR I/Q WAV file
Try playing this back in your favourite SDR application. you might need to reverse I and Q.
I have used a slight offset from the centre freq. The sample rate is 192kHz, file size 30.8MB.
all comments are welcome.

Download the file

(Please note this is a data file and not an audio file)

Video:
Experiment: Panadaptor 10.7MHz IF wide FM CCW SDR 4+
Using my laptop's internal sound card with 24bit 192kHz setting. Most laptops including mine have a very poor sound card for SDR purposes, even though the sample rates look impressive. they tend to have high latency, high noise floor and poor channel separation.

Video here







I've ordered an inexpensive, but very good external USB sound card for further experiments,
The Behringer UCA-202. It has very low latency, low noise floor, and excellent channel separation, making it ideal for SDR use. It is also very small. The down side is that the maximum sample rate is 96kHz.
I thought it was better to try this at 23 Pounds, rather than a 100 Pound sound card!
(Reading reviews it seems that in order to better the UCA-202 you would have to spend 100 Pounds at least)

No comments:

Post a Comment